PGCluster has two functions.
- A load sharing function
- The session load of a reference request is distributed. It
is effective at the Web application with which a reference request
- A replication object can be specified per table. When the tables
which receive an updating request and a reference request differ,
the PGCluster can distribute the table which receives an updating
request and can reproduce only the table which receives a reference
- A high availability function
- When failure occurs in Cluster DB, a load balancer and a replication
server separate Failure DB from a system, and continue service
using the remaining DB. Since separation of Failure DB and continuation
of service are performed simultaneously, most service stop time
is made to 0.
- The Cluster DB which repair finished can be dynamically restored
to a system, without stopping service.
- Data is automatically copied to DB restored or added from other
DB. The query which received during restoration isexecuted from
the replication server after restoration.